COLOURS & FINISHES THAT INSPIRE
PROTECTION YOU CAN COUNT ON
The Surreal Effects Scylla range is a collection of open ripple effects with a sharp gloss finish delivered with tough polyester thermosetting powder.
It is ideal for use:
Surreal Effects Scylla is only suitable for coastal environments >500m from the high tide line and are NOT suitable in strongly acidic or caustic environments so PH must be >5 and <9.
Developed for use over various substrates including steel and aluminium on interior applications Examples include: interior furniture and storage equipment, electrical cabinets other industrial metal products such as bicycles, garden tools, lawn mowers, and automotive components. Consult Dulux for the most appropriate Surreal Effects product for your end use.
Ideal for use over:
Polyester thermosetting powder
Surreal Effects Scylla
Interior and exterior use
The pre-treatment process must be capable of meeting the performance outputs as described in AS3715
Compliance to appropriate process parameters is essential in ensuring compliance to etch, conversion coating weights (time/concentration) and conductivity of the final rinse.
The etch process is a very important stage of pre-treatment and close consultation with your pre-treatment supplier is strongly recommended to ensure optimum adhesion & corrosion resistance is obtained. As an approximate guide:
This is the next pre-treatment process for aluminium to ensure that it is suitably prepared for coating. It is recommended that Chrome conversion weights shall be a minimum of 431mg/m2, but advice from pre-treatment suppliers should be taken into consideration.
Final rinse is to ensure optimum surface preparation prior to coating.
Care should be taken with handling to ensure health and safety measures are met and that the substrate is not contaminated.
Dry Off Oven (if applicable)
If your site uses a dry off oven to assist in the pre-treatment process please ensure:
Steel substrates shall be prepared as follows:
1. Wash and degrease all surfaces to be coated in accordance with AS1627.1 with a free-rinsing, alkaline detergent, in strict accordance with the manufacturer’s written instructions and all safety warnings.
2. Wash with fresh potable water and ensure that all soluble salts are removed in accordance with AS 3894.6 methods A&D.
3. Grind all sharp edges with a power tool to a minimum radius of 2mm.
4. Power tool clean welds to AS1627.2 Class 2 to remove roughness. Remove filings, preferably by vacuum or compressed air.
5. Abrasive blast clean all steel surfaces to be painted in accordance with AS1627.4 to visual standard AS1627.9 Class 2.5 (equivalent to ISO8501-1, Sa 2.5: Very Thorough Blast-Cleaning). Use a medium that will generate a surface profile of 35 to 65 microns (as tested to AS3894.5 Method A.) In situations where it is not possible to prepare your item on all surfaces as described above, for long term protection against corrosion it is strongly recommended whenever possible, that an alternative substrate such as, aluminium be considered.
6. The steel is to be stored in an area which is clean and dry
7. The steel must be coated within 4 hours of blasting.
210° : 4 mins minimum
200° : 5 mins minimum
180° : 8 mins minimum
Due to the structure of the finishes, the film build is critical to both the aesthetic and functional characteristics of the film. Refer to the Surreal Effects Product Data sheet for further information.
Use the following table to help identify where Surreal Effects can be applied on aluminium projects, the system required and the Dulux Alumi Shield™ warranty level available. Refer to the conditions information to determine the environment that your project will be exposed to.
Use the following table which references AS2312.1, AS 4312 and ISO 9223 to identify the environment, conditions and atmospheric corrosivity categories
To pinpoint your projects corrosivity zone this table should be used together with the corrosivity zone maps contained within AS 4312 .
Use the following table to help identify the product choice you have to gain a Steel Shield™ warranty on your project. Refer to the conditions information to determine the environment that your project will be exposed to. Click on the table below for a larger version.
Our dedicated consultants can help simplify the specification process, saving you time and money by providing the right coating advice for your project.
Call 13 24 99
Colours displayed should be used as a guide for your colour selection.
Always confirm your colour choice with a production line prepared swatch for final colour approval.
* Only Dulux Accredited Powder Coaters are able to issue our Dulux Alumi Shield™ and Steel Shield™ warranties after demonstrating their capability to meet stringent quality conditions and international standards.
The Surreal Effects Scylla range is a collection of open ripple effects with a sharp gloss finish delivered with tough polyester thermosetting powder